EIAI and Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport & Media announce date for important information session
Helping our members access recently announced €50M assistance measures
The Event Industry Association of Ireland are delighted to announce a joint initiative with the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media,( DTCAGSM) following Minister Martin’s recent announcement of tangible measures to support our sector.
In order to maximise participation in the enhanced Live Performance Support Scheme, the EIAI are hosting a free information webinar Next Tuesday 23rd March at 12pm.
This important event is a direct response to the challenges many of our members faced, navigating and accessing the pilot LPSS measures put forward in 2020.
We would urge all our members and other interested parties in the Event Industry to attend this information session, which has been specially designed to make life easier as we aim to re-build the event industry – the webinar will include:
- An Introduction to the Scheme by Mary Nash, Principal Officer, DTCAGSM
- Application Process & Criteria Explained by Letitia Stepenske, DTCAGSM
- Questions & Answers Session regarding the Scheme, DTCAGSM
The EIAI wishes to express our thanks to the Department for their collaborative approach to working with us, hearing our member’s concerns in order to gain insights, before applying them to this new suite of measures.
Following exceptional demand for the pilot LPSS in 2020, a fund of €25m will now be made available for 2021. All in all the minister has announced the following, as part of this suite of support measures:
- €25m new Live Performance Support Scheme
- €14m new support scheme for live entertainment businesses
- €5m to local authorities for outdoor live performances
- €5m capital supports for live entertainment sector
- €1m for St. Patrick’s Day festival
If you’d like to register for the webinar or submit questions on the LPSS, in advance, please do so at www.eiai.ie/lpss
We look forward to welcoming you to this important information event. If you cannot attend, we will make a recording available on our website (www.eiai.ie)